Brief description of Ambien 10mg Tablets
Ambien 10mg Tablets are particularly recommended for the treatment of insomnia and its inducing symptoms. Generic Zolpidem is a main pharmaceutical constituent found in Ambien and it belongs to the group of medications known as Sedatives and Hypnotics.
Insomnia is a sleep disorder in which an individual cannot properly sleep and unable to get proper sleep due to various reasons like anxiety, depression, mental illness or any other reasons.
Mechanism of action of Ambien 10mg Tablets
Generic Zolpidem works by slowing down the hyper activity of the brain and it also balances the unbalanced chemicals that responsible for sleep problems. As a result, it allows an individual to get proper sleep without any obstruction.
When you should not take Ambien 10mg Tablets?
Ambien is not to be administered in case of hypersensitivity towards generic Zolpidem, kidney or liver dysfunction, sleep apnea (breathing stops during sleep), lung disorders like emphysema, asthma, bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and mental illness of history of depression.
What drugs may interact with Ambien 10mg Tablets?
Certain drugs may show drug interaction with Ambien-
- Sleeping pills like Alprazolam, Diazepam, Clonazepam
- Anti-depressant drugs such as Duloxetine, Paroxetine
- Anti-convulsant drugs- Phenobarbital, Phenytoin, and Carbamazepine
- Narcotic drugs
What undesirable symptoms that you may observe while using Ambien 10mg Tablets?
While administering Ambien sleeping pill, you may face numerous undesirable effects like drowsiness, agitation, nervousness, depression, confusion, lack of concentration, changes in behavior, and certain allergic reactions like swelling of lips, face and mouth.
What storage conditions are suitable for Ambien?
Ambien medication should be properly stored at the room temperature 300 C and away from the reach of children.
What safety instructions should you follow while using Ambien?
- Children under the age of 18 years should not take Ambien.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding moms should avoid the intake of Ambien.
- Avoid alcohol consumption and smoking with Ambien.
- Avoid taking Ambien for long duration as it may cause drug addiction due to habit forming characteristics.
- Elders above the age of 65 years not take Ambien at any cost.
- After consuming Ambien, you should strictly avoid driving as it may cause drowsiness effects.
- While taking Ambien, don’t take any non-prescription and sleeping pills.