Yasmin is a combination of two active constituents Drospirenone and Ethinyl estradiol. It works by stopping the discharge of an egg from the ovary or ovulation in female. It also cause changes in the lining of the cervix and stops the sperm mobility and fertilization of an egg. This medication is used as a therapy in the management of moderate to rigorous Acne (pimples) and premenstrual dysphonic disorders. It regularizes menstrual periods in females, decreases the loss of blood and agonizing menstruation and this prescription decreases the threat of ovarian cysts.
Why Yasmin is prescribed?
Yasmin is generally used to treat the following disorders-
- Prostate cancer
- Menstrual disorders
- Deficiency of Estrogen hormone
- Hormone replacement therapy in menopausal women
- Menopausal indications like hot flushes and vaginal dryness
Who Should Not Take Yasmin?
Under some medical circumstances, this drug is forbidden-
- If a female is hypersensitive to Drospirenone and Ethinyl estradiol.
- If a lady is already pregnant.
- It is not given to a girl under the age of 12 years.
- Breastfeeding mothers should avoid the utilization of this drug.
- In case ofdiabetes, mental disorder, pancreatitis, kidney and liver dilemma.
Drug Interactions of Yasmin
Several medicines may interact with the given drugs-
- Azole derivatives like Ketoconazole, Fluconazole and Miconazole
- Antibiotics such as Clarithromycin, erythromycin
- Anti-convulsant medications like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine and Phenobarbital
- Rifampicin, Rifabutin and Ethambutol
- Oxycarbamazepine, Primidone
- Sulphonamide and Chloramphenicol
Prescribed Amount of Yasmin
Yasmin contains total 28 tablets. It include 21 pills are dynamic in nature and 7 reminder pills are inactive in nature and they don’t consist of any sort of hormone. This medicine should be taken via the mouth. Ingest the whole pill with plenty amount of water. You can initiate this treatment on the first day of your menstrual cycle or upcoming Sunday from the initial day of your menstrual cycle.
In case of Missed dose of Yasmin
Don’t skip any dose of this drug. If you skip any dose of this treatment then it may cause the chances of pregnancy. Instantaneous use of Yasmin doesn’t provide proper and effective results; you have to take an accurate course of 1 month.
In case of Overdose of Yasmin
If you feel any overdose signs and symptoms of Yasmin then, immediately consult your gynecologist and get some medical treatment.
Overdose of Yasmin may increase the risk of cardiovascular disease, pulmonary embolism and thrombophlebitis.
Undesirable Effects of Yasmin
Some more common side effects of this medicine include-
- Back pain, hypertension (high blood pressure), breast cancer, breast tenderness, jaundice, cardiac disorders, stomach distress, severe headache, vertigo, abnormal menstrual cycle, endometrial cancer, vaginal infection and myocardial infarction.
Important Safety Information
Some precautions should be followed as taking this therapy-
- Smoking and use of alcohol is not allowed with this therapy.
- Yasmin medication doesn't provide any protection against the sexually transmitted disease like syphilis, gonorrhea and AIDS.
- There should be a proper gap between the two doses of Yasmin.
- It is strictly inadvisable in those females who are suffering from the thromboembolic disorders.