Ultram 200mg is composed of Generic Tramadol. It is a centrally acting synthetic opoid analgesic. It works by binding of parent and M1metabolite to μ-opoid receptors and weak inhibition of reuptake of norepinephrine and serotonin.
How To Use Ultram 200mg?
Ultram 200mg should be taken by mouth. Avoid changing the dosage or sudden stop of taking the medicine without doctor consultation. It can be taken with or without food.
Contraindications of Ultram 200mg Tramadol?
The use of Ultram is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If the person has head injury such as tumor etc.
- If the person is suffering from kidney and liver diseases
- Avoid the use of alcohol or other narcotic medicines while taking Ultram.
- If the person had a history of epilepsy or other seizure disorder.
Drug Interactions of Ultram 200mg?
The medications that show interaction with Ultram are mentioned as follows:
Certain pain medications like pentazocine and butorphanol, MAO Inhibitors such as linezolid, procarbazine, tranylcypromine,, methylene blue, Antifungal medicines such as Itraconazole, Psychiatric medicines such as Amitriptyline and HIV drugs such as ritonavir etc.
Storage Conditions of Ultram 200mg
Ultram 200mg should be stored at room temperature. It should be placed out of reach of children and pets. The medication should be kept away from moisture and heat.
Nice Pharmacy Review by Marie Potter
Good item, good communications prior to delivery, i.e. emails and text messages, it provide very good customer supports. Thanks a lot! (Posted on 2/18/16)
Dosage of Ultram?
Ultram recommended dose is 2 tablets as needed for pain but time gap should not be less than 4 to 6 hours. Do not use more than 8 tablets a day since it may cause harm to use.
What to do in case of overdose?
Overdosing of the medication should not be done. In case if overdosing symptoms appears, visit to the nearby doctor immediately.
What to do in case of missed dose?
The missed dose should be taken as get remembered if the person is using this medication on daily basis. But if the time of next dose has been achieved, skip the missed dose and the next dose is followed. To make up the missed dose, extra dose should not be taken.
Side Effects of Ultram 200mg?
The possible side effects of the medication are mentioned as below:
Chest Pain, Tightness in the chest and cough, skin problems such as burning and itching in the skin, fast heartbeat, shortness of breath, restlessness, loss of coordination, nausea, diarrhea, upset stomach, spinning sensation, vomiting, dizziness, drowsiness and fainting are the side effects of the medication.
Precautions of Ultram 200mg
What are the special precautions needs to be taken with the use of this Ultram 200mg?
- The medication should not be taken if the person is allergic to Ultram or its components.
- If the person has recently consumed alcohol, narcotic pain medicines and tranquilizers, use of this medicine should be avoided.
- Ultram is not recommended for the person with brain disorders like head injury, tumor or seizures.
- Avoid driving or operating any machinery while taking Ultram since it may cause dizziness and drowsiness.
- The medication should not be used by person with kidney and liver diseases, stomach and intestinal problems, mood disorders such as confusion, depression and difficulties in urinating.
- It should be used in older people only after doctor consultation.
- Consult the doctor during the first two months of pregnancy before taking this medication since it may cause birth defects.