Brief overview of Retino-A Cream 0.025%
Retino-A Cream 0.025% is an effective topical preparation embraces generic Tretinoin that belongs to the group of medications known as retinoid and considered as a Vitamin A derivative.
Retino-A cream is used to treat the acne or pimple problem by replacing your skin cells by removing the dead skin cells. It also helps in increasing the collagen production and helps in the renewal of skin.
As a result, Tretinoin helps in treating acne, fine lines, ageing spots, wrinkles, whiteheads, blackheads, skin discoloration and blotchy patches.
Appropriate mode of application Retino-A Cream 0.025%
Before using the cream, make sure your face should be properly clean and dry, so wash your skin or affected area with mild soap or ample water.
- Retino-A cream is applied only in the night.
- You should take a pea size amount of Retino- A cream and apply it with the help of fingers on the affected area with gentle rubbing.
- Clean your hands before and after the application of the cream.
Contraindications of Retino-A Cream 0.025%
- If you are oversensitive to generic Tretinoin
- Application of Retino-A cream is strictly avoided in case of eczema, irritation, injured, chapped, or sunburned skin.
Drug interaction of Retino-A Cream 0.025%
- Sulphur, Resorcinol, and Salicylic acid containing products
- Lime or menthol containing products
Side effects of Retino-A Cream 0.025%
Redness, itching, irritation of the skin, peeling, scaling, sin redness and burning sensation at the site of application are very normal adverse effects of Retino-A cream.
Storage of Retino-A cream 0.025%
- This cream should be properly stored at the room temperature 300 C and away from the direct contact of heat, sunlight and moisture.
- Keep this cream away from the reach of children.
Safety measures while using Retino-A Cream 0.025%
- Avoid the use of topical preparations, which contains resorcinol, sulfur, alcohol, or salicylic acid.
- Avoid sun exposure for long duration as it become more sensitive towards sunlight and cause suntan.
- Avoid using hair removal creams or waxes.
- Remove your makeup and carefully clean your skin before applying this cream.
- Breastfeeding and pregnant women should avoid the use of Retino-A cream.