Brief description of Retino AC Gel
Retino AC Gel available in the combination of two main active constituents like generic Clindamycin and Tretinoin, which is used to treat acne, wrinkles, dry and rough patches on skin, and bacterial infection of skin. This medicine assists to hinder the growth of bacteria as well as decreasing the growth of diseased blood cells.
Mechanism of action of Retino AC Gel
Tretinoin is a derivative of Vitamin A and it is a potent retinoid, which helps in improving the pigmentation by accelerating the removal of melanin from the dermis. Tretinoin assists in increasing the collagen levels in the skin cells and improves fine wrinkles.
Clindamycin supports in destroying the bacterial growth of polymicrobic infections.
Therapeutic uses of Retino-AC gel
Retino-AC gel is especially applied to treat various skin disorders like-
- Acne or pimples
- Rough texture of skin
- Reduces the fine wrinkles appearance
- Skin discolorations
Method of application of Retino AC Gel
- Retino AC Gel contains 0.025% w/w Tretinoin and 1% w/w Clindamycin Gel.
- Properly wash your hands before and after applying this gel.
- Apply a small amount of the gel on the affected area and softly massage the area.
- Do not wash the treated area for at least 1 hour of applying the gel.
Contraindications of Retino AC Gel
- Allergy towards active ingredient Clindamycin and Tretinoin
- Eczema and psoriasis
- Burned, cut or wounded skin
- Kidney problems and liver problem
- Bleeding problem, stomach ulcerative colitis
Side-effects of using Retino AC Gel
- Skin redness, skin itching, dry skin, skin irritation, scaling, and inflammation at the site of application, allergic reaction, and facial redness are the more commonly reported adverse effects of Retino-AC gel.
Drug-Interactions with Retino AC Gel
- Bendroflumethiazide,Ciprofloxacin, Chlorthalidone, Doxycycline, Chlorpromazine
- Alcohol, menthol or lime containing products
- Salicylic acid, resorcinol and benzoyl peroxide products
Storage Conditions of Retino AC Gel
- Store Retino-AC gel properly at the room temperature 300 C.
- This gel should be stored away from direct heat, sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it away from the reach of children.
Warnings & Precautions while consuming Retino AC Gel
- If the medicine accidently enters into your eyes then wash your eyes thoroughly with water.
- Retino-AC gel is for topical use only.
- Avoid excessive contact to sunlight as it may cause sunburn.
- Breastfeeding and pregnant females should avoid the application of Retino-AC gel.
- This gel is not safe for children under the age of 12 years.