Brief overview of Retino-A Cream 0.1%
Retino-A Cream 0.1% is mainly applied to the skin for managing various skin problems like acne, pimples, fine lines, ageing spots, blackheads, and whiteheads. Generic Tretinoin is a main therapeutic component of Retino-A cream, which is a retinoid to make your flawless and acne free skin.
Action mechanism of Retino-A Cream 0.1%
Tretinoin a form of Vitamin A derivative, which makes your old skin shed and renovate your old skin with a new skin by increasing collagen formation, exfoliate the skin.
Tretinoin present in Retino-A cream can effectively treats your skin problems like acne, wrinkles, aging spots, fine lines, scars, pimples, comedones, blackheads, and dark spots.
Application of Retino-A Cream 0.1%
Retino-A cream is only meant for topical use. Apply Retino-A cream once at the nighttime when you are going to sleep.
- Firstly wash your face or skin surface with a mild cleanser.
- Then, wait for 20 minutes to dry completely.
- Take a pea size amount of cream on your finger and then apply the cream on the affected skin with gentle massage.
- Wash your hands and do not cover the affected area or skin.
Contraindications of Retino-A Cream 0.1%
- Don’t use Retino-A cream, if you are hypersensitive towards generic Tretinoin.
- Avoid using this cream on the irritated, cut, wounded skin.
- Don’t apply this cream in case of eczema and psoriasis.
Drug interactions of Retino-A Cream 0.1%
- Sulfur, Resorcinol, Salicylic acid containing products
- Lime or menthol-containing products
- Glycolic acid
- Scrub, tonner
Storage of Retino-A Cream 0.1%
- Keep this cream away from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Store the cream where children cannot reach.
- It should be properly stored at the room temperature 300 C.
Side effects of Retino-A Cream 0.1%
Retino-A cream may cause some undesirable effects like Skin redness, Stinging, burning sensation of the skin, blisters formation, crusting of the skin, peeling of the skin, itching or irritation of skin.
Important instructions while using Retino-A Cream 0.1%
- Avoid using Retino-A cream around the eyes, nose and mouth.
- Retino-A cream increases more sensitivity towards sunlight so, use sunscreen cream or lotion before going outside during daytime.
- Avoid using wax, hair removers while using Retino-A cream.
- Retino-A cream is not safe for children under the age of 12 years.
- Breastfeeding and pregnant ladies should avoid the application of Retino-A cream.