Prosoma 500mg contains Generic Carisoprodol is am centrally acting analgesic, which acts by inhibiting the transmission of the pain between the brain and the nerve.
Indication of Prosoma 500mg
Prosoma 500mg is recommended for the management of muscloskeleton pain and discomfort caused by sprain, strain and other associated muscle injury.
Contradiction of Prosoma 500mg
The use of this drug is restricted under some medical condition.
- In case of pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Poor liver or kidney function
- Person with a History of drug abuse or Alcoholic addiction
- For a child younger than 12 years old
- Allergic to Carisoprodol or any of its ingredients
- Convulsion or blood disorder
Drug Interaction of Prosoma 500mg
Don't take a certain drug while taking Prosoma 500mg as it may increase of decrease the efficacy of Prosoma.
- Anti histamine drug like cetirizine or diphenhydramine
- Narcotics pain killer codeine
- Herbal supplement like St. John's wort
- Anti depressant alprazolam, diazepam, meprobamate
Storage Condition of Prosoma 500mg
- Keep in a closed container at room temperature between 15-30 C (59-86 F), away from heat, moisture and direct light.
- Keep from freezing.
- Keep out of the reach of children or pet.
Exceptional Muscle Reliever Tablet Review by Houston Warner
I was in utter need of muscle pain relief from the internet search I got to know about the Prosoma 500mg tablet, which really helped me in recovering me from muscle pain safely. (Posted on 1/22/16)
Dosage of Prosoma 500mg
Prosoma comes in the dose of 350mg and 500mg; the correct intake of the dose depends upon the patient condition and medical illness. It is suggested to consume this drug three times in a day and one at bedtime with or with our food. The intake of the diet along with this may delay the action of this drug. It should not be prescribed for more than 2-3 weeks.
What to do in case of missed dose of Prosoma 500mg?
If you missed a dose, take it as soon as you remember. Do not take double dose to make up the missed dose.
What to do in case of Overdose of Prosoma 500mg?
Overdose symptoms include improper coordination, agitation, blurred vision, confusion, respiratory depression, coma fast heartbeat, memory loss, and death.
Side Effect of Prosoma 500mg
Some Adverse effect of Prosoma 500mg include fast heartbeat, pain in the joints, loss of feeling and coordination, tremendous weakness, unconsciousness, mental or mood disorder, epilepsy, unclear vision, and confusion. Some Moderate side effects include feeling ill-tempered, nausea, sleepiness, faintness, tremor, indistinct vision, sleep disorder, headache, and upset stomach.
Precautions While Taking Prosoma 500mg
What should be avoided during intake of Prosoma 500mg?
- Don't take alcohol along with pro soma 500mg, as it interacts along with this drug and causes sleepiness, lethargy or dizziness.
- Never share this drug with another person, especially with the person having a history drug abuse or addicted.
- After along use, don't stop the intake of this drug suddenly, otherwise an individual may experience withdrawal symptoms like sleep disorder, nausea, headache, abdominal pain, and seizure.
- This drug may ruin your thinking action so avoid driving or doing other work that requires alertness or concentration.
- Don't take the drug like sleeping pills, epileptic medicine, muscle relaxants and depression while taking Prosoma.
- Being a habit forming drug, it should never be taken more than the prescribed dose.