Paraflex is a centrally acting medication, which can easily beat the symptoms of musculoskeletal pain condition like muscle pain and muscle spasm. Generic Chlorzoxazone is a main dynamic ingredient found in the Paraflex. It mainly works on the spinal cord and sub cortical areas of the human brain and it obstructs the entire reflex, which may induce the skeletal muscle spasm. After the reduction of reflex and muscle spasm, it offers the immediate relief and also improves the muscle movement.
In case of allergic reaction, Paraflex obstructs the release of histamine and slow reacting substance of Anaphylaxis (SRS-A) and also reduces the release of inflammatory leukotrienes. More it inhibits the calcium and potassium influx and gives the relief from pain and allergy.
Medicinal Uses of Paraflex 250mg
- Muscular pain like muscle pain and muscle spasm
- Allergic rhinitis
Drug Interaction of Paraflex 250mg
Paraflex may interact with some drugs like
- Omeprazole, Ranitidine and any other ulcers medication
- Opioid treatment- Codeine, morphine
- Warfarin and heparin
- Rifampin and Isoniazid
- Narcotic drugs
- Benzodiazepines, Anti-convulsant medications and sedative drugs
- Anti-allergic drugs like Allegra and Cetrizine
How to Store Paraflex?
- Paraflex should be stored at the room temperature 300 C and it should be kept away from the reach of children.
- Keep this tablet away from the contact of heat, sunlight and moisture.
Dosing Information of Paraflex 250mg
Paraflex is available in the two strengths like 250mg and 500mg. You should consume total four tablets within a whole day, three tablets should be taken within a day and one tablet is to be administered at night time. Swallow the whole Paraflex tablet with a sufficient amount of water. This drug is always administered with food items to avoid the stomach disturbances.
Missed Dose of Paraflex
If you forget to take any dose of Paraflex then get it as soon as you remember but if it the time near to the next dose then leaves the missed dose and continue your regular dosing agenda.
Never make use of twofold of Paraflex at a same time.
Overdose of Paraflex
G.I.T disturbances like nausea, stomach pain, diarrhea, severe drowsiness, uneven respiration, low blood pressure are the major symptoms of overdose of Paraflex.
If you face any above mentioned symptoms, then immediately consult your physician and get some medical help from your nearest hospital.
Unwanted Effects of Paraflex 250mg
Usually seen side effects of Paraflex are severe headache, feeling of faintness, abdomen upset, stomach pain, heart burn and dyspepsia.
Some severe side effects of Paraflex are uneven heartbeat, convulsion, vague vision, vertigo and severe allergic reactions like skin rashes, swelling of hands and legs.
What Should I Avoid While Taking Paraflex
- Avoid the consumption of this drug, if you have hypersensitivity towards generic Chlorzoxazone and any other active ingredients of Paraflex.
- Don’t use alcoholic beverages along with this drug.
- Driving should be strictly avoided after the use of Paraflex as it may affect your ability to drive and cause drowsiness.
- Pregnant and lactating mothers should not get this medical therapy as it may cause harm to baby.
- Don’t make use of any sleeping pills, narcotic and opioid medicines along with this drug as it may increase the risk of severe drowsiness.
- In case of kidney and liver disease, this drug is not utilized.
- Pediatric patients under the age of 12 years should not get this therapy.