MTP kit is a combination of 2 drugs Mifepristone (200mg) and Misoprostol (200mcg). It total contains 5 tablets, 1 tablet of Mifepristone and 4 tablets of Misoprostol.
Mechanism of Action of MTP Kit
Mifepristone is synthetic steroids possess characteristic of anti progesterone; it works by inhibiting the mechanism of progesterone by binding itself to the progesterone receptor. The Hormone progesterone is required for maintaining and developing the uterus lining required for the development of fetus.
Misoprostol is a prostaglandin analogue, which cause the contraction of uterus muscle and expel the fetus outside the womb. It usually causes the termination in 2-4 hours.
Indications of MTP Kit
MTP kit is prescribed for the termination of pregnancy up to 63 days or 9 weeks.
Drug Interactions of MTP Kit
- Avoid the intake of certain drug while taking MTP kit.
- Anti tuberculosis drug such as Rifampin, Ethambutol
- Anti epilepsy drug such as Phenytoin, Carbamazepine and Phenobarbital.
- Antifungal drugs like Ketoconazole, Itraconazole and Fluconazole.
- Corticosteroids like Dexamethasone and Prednisone
Contraindication MTP Kit
The use of MTP kit is restricted in certain condition.
- In case female is having any kind of sensitivity to Mifepristone and Misoprostol.
- In case of using any Intra uterine devices (IUD’s), it is recommended to take out the IUD device before taking MTP kit.
- In case of having any kidney and liver disease, Anemia and hemorrhagic disorders.
- It is not recommended for breast feeding female.
Storage Conditions MTP Kit
MTP kit should be stored at below mentioned conditions;
- It should be kept under the room temperature 300 degree C.
- Avoid the direct contact of heat and humidity.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
Fast shipping and best quality Review by Ely
This site offers easy to understand security and privacy policies. I am very satisfied with the fast shipping and genuine quality of drugs this site delivers. (Posted on 1/16/16)
Dosage and Administration of MTP kit
- Day-1- it is recommended to take one pill of Mifepristone (200mg) orally as a primary dose for the initiate of the termination. It should be taken an empty stomach.
- After a gap of 6-72 hours take 4 pills of Misoprostol (200mcg) either orally or vaginally, which causes the contraction of uterus muscle and expel the fetus form the womb. If it is taken along the uterus route take it with saline or distilled water.
- After 14 days, female should confirm the complete termination of pregnancy through ultrasound or sonography.
What to do in case of skipped dose?
If you skip a dose of MTP kit, in such condition seek medical help.
What to do in case of overdose?
In such case seek medical help.
Common Side Effects MTP Kit
Some Common side effects of MTP kit include - feeling of nausea, anxiety diarrhea, weakness, fatigue, and feeling of vomiting. Some Severe side effects include severe stomach pain, heavy bleeding, joints pain pelvic pain, and shivering. Fever can be treated with ibuprofen.
Safety Tips While Using MTP Kit
- MTP kit should not be used if the length of pregnancy longer than 9 weeks.
- It is not for ectopic pregnancy (the pregnancy outside the fetus).
- After an abortion with MTP kit take proper rest, don’t life up the heavy item.
- After an abortion don’t get involved in the sexual activity at least for a week to avoid any kind of vaginal infection.
- Take balanced and healthy diet rich in vitamins, minerals and iron.