Maxalt 10mg is employed by those patients who are suffering migraine. Migraine is recurrent agonizing headache, which usually affect only one side of the head and regularly it may cause nausea, vomiting and increased sensitivity towards light. Generic Rizatriptan is available as an active component in the Maxalt and it categorized under the category of Triptans. Rizatriptan effectively deal against the migraine by reducing the swelling and pain of veins of cerebral brain. Furthermore, Rizatriptan inhibits the entire serotonin chemicals, which induce the migraine. Maxalt is a top most therapy for the migraine and it doesn't create any severe adverse effects.
Why Maxalt Is Prescribed?
Maxalt is intended for the treatment of
- Migraine headache
- Gives immediate relief from the headache
- Treat all the symptoms of migraine like nausea, vomiting and sensitivity towards light and sound
Contraindication of Maxalt 10mg
Maxalt is not intended in some medical circumstances like-
- It is strictly contraindicated in those patients who have an allergy towards generic Rizatriptan.
- It is inadvisable in case of those patients who are having low and high blood pressure.
- Not give to pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- If you have any kind of bleeding disorders, then avoid the usage of Maxalt.
Drug Interactions of Maxalt 10mg
- Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen and Advil
- Isoniazid, Etambutol and salicylic acid
- Ketoconazole, Miconazole and Fluconazole
- Warfarin and heparin
- Any other Anti-viral medications
- Other NNRTI like Nevirapine, Delavirdine and Etravirine
- Ergot and ergotamine
How To Store Maxalt 10mg
- It should be stored at the room temperature 300 C.
- Keep this drug away from the range and view of children.
- It should be kept away from the direct exposure of heat, sunlight and moisture.
Dosing Information of Maxalt
Dose for adult patients- You should consume 5mg of Maxalt and if you are not getting the relief from this dose, then you can increase the dose up to 10mg but don't get more than 30mg of Maxalt in a single dose. Swallow the whole tablet with a full glass of water. It can be taken with or without foodstuffs.
Dose for pediatric patients-The given dose of Maxalt to children is 5 mg as a single dose. Don't surpass the dose of Maxalt more than 5mg in case of children. Maxalt dose should be based on the weight of children.
Missed Dose of Maxalt
Get the appropriate dose of Maxalt for getting the best results, but if any case you skip any dose, then get the dose as soon as you recall.
Don't take the double doses of Maxalt at one time.
Overdose of Maxalt
If you face any overdose indications of Maxalt like seizures, retching and sickness then directly call your doctor and get a medical treatment from your nearby hospital.
Adverse effects of Maxalt 10mg
Wide-ranging side effects of Maxalt may include diarrhea, regular sweating, abnormal dreams, drowsiness, and nausea, difficulty in proper attention, stomach disturb and difficulty in sleep.
Rigorous adverse effects of Maxalt are fever, anxiety, chills, persistent fever, and hallucination, loss of memory, mood swings, and shortness of breath.
Things I avoid while taking Maxalt 10mg
- This medication is not given to children under the age of 18 years.
- Maxalt will doesn't protect the number of migraine attack, it only treats the migraine pain.
- Avoid the ingestion of alcoholic beverages along with Maxalt.
- Don't make use of any other drugs, which can treat the migraine headache.
- After taking the Maxalt, you have to take proper rest as it may cause feeling of dizziness.
- Don't eat chocolates, cheese and drink red wine along with Maxalt treatment therapy.