In Lioresal 10mg, Baclofen is an active drug, related to GABA receptor in the brain, which is required for the transmission of the message between the brain and the nerve. This drug works by inhibiting the mechanism of the nerve that is responsible for causing the contraction and relaxation of skeletal muscle. The dynamic effect of this drug last for 8 hours
Uses of Lioresal 10mg
It is used for the treatment of rigidity, muscle spasm, skeletal muscle disorder, involuntary contraction and relaxation of muscle. It is also used to manage the symptoms of multiple sclerosis and spinal cord disorder.
The use of this drug is restricted in following condition:
- In case of having any allergy to baclofen or same component
- Having a medical history like brain disorder, recent stroke
- In case of blood sugar
- In case of Parkinson’s or epilepsy
- In case of peptic ulcer
- In case of kidney or liver dysfunction.
Drug Interactions of Lioresal 10mg
Avoid the certain drug along with Lioresal as in combination it may increase of decrease the efficacy of this drug.
- Drugs used for the treatment of Parkinson disease such as carbidopa
- anti epileptic drug, such as carbamazepine, phenytoin;
- anti-hypertensive drug like Prazosin,
- antihistamine drug (cetirizine)
How to store Lioresal?
- It should be stored at room temperature below 250C. It should be kept away from heat and moisture.
- Store the drugs away from the reach of children or pet.
Dosage of Lioresal 10mg
How to take Lioresal?
It is recommended to take this drug orally three times in a day, with food. The Maximum dose recommended in a day is 100mg/day for adults, where as in children between 2-7 years the dose is 30-40mg/day.
The drug starts showing its action in 1-3 hours, which lasts for 8 hours. Desired effects of this drug seen in a few weeks.
What to do in case of missed dose?
In case of a missed dose, take it immediately when you remember. If it is time for next dose skip the dose and follow your regular dosage regimen. Never ingest double dose to catch up the missed dose.
What to do in case of overdose dose?
Overdose symptoms of drug are decrease in heartbeat, fall or increase in blood pressure, convulsion, swing of mood, multiple organ failure, tachycardia, nausea, vomiting, superficial breathing, confusion, hallucination, depression, and severe drowsiness. So avoid overdose of this drug.
Side Effect of Lioresal 10mg
Some unwanted common side effects of Lioresal include increased salivation, muscle Weakness, faintness, nausea, constipation, tiredness, Drowsiness. Severe side effects include rash; difficulty in breathing; tightness in the chest; burning, numbness, confusion; decreased urination or inability to urinate; eye or vision problems, itching; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, abnormal movements and fainting.
Precautions While Taking Lioresal 10mg
Some precautionary steps should be kept in the mind while taking this medicine
- Avoid consumption of alcohol because it may cause you sleepy.
- Pregnant female or breast feeding mother should use this drug with caution. It may harm the baby.
- Avoid work which requires alert or attention such as driving or operating machinery, because it may cause dizziness.
- It should be used with caution in case of below 4 years of age.
- Don't stop the consumption of this drug suddenly, because it shows withdrawal symptoms such as fever, muscle weakness, dark color urine and lack of coordination, mental imbalance.