Generic Vardenafil is the active constituent of Levitra which acts by inhibiting the effect of phosphodiesterase type 5 enzymes. These enzymes are responsible for the breakdown of cGMP which prevents the blood flow to the penis. Nitric oxide is released in the erectile tissue of the penis during the sexual stimulation, which is responsible for the activation of an enzyme guanylate cyclase. This enzyme increases the level of cGMP, which relaxes the blood vessels in the penis and allows blood flow to the penis. Vardenafil tablets are also effective at low doses.>br>
What Is The Use Of Levitra?
It is used in the treatment of erectile dysfunction or impotence in men. It works by increasing blood flow to the penis to achieve a hard and erect penis during sexual activity.
What Are The Probable Drug Interactions?
Drug interactions are demarcated as a practice in which one drug prevails to show more the effect over another drug when administered simultaneously.
- Nitrates, such as nitroglycerin, isosorbide
- Recreational drugs containing amyl or butyl nitrite
- Alpha blockers such as Doxazosin, tamsulosin
- Azole antifungals such as itraconazole, ketoconazole
- Macrolide antibiotics such as clarithromycin, erythromycin
- HIV protease inhibitors such as indinavir, ritonavir
- Boceprevir, telaprevir and other hepatitis C virus protease inhibitors
What are Contraindications?
Contraindication is a conditions in which drug is demonstrated to be harmful to the patient.
- Do not take Levitra if you are allergic to Vardenafil or any other inactive constituent of this drug.
- Its use is contraindicated in females and children below 12 years of age.
Store the drug as per the instructions mentioned on the label of the drug. The drug is to be stored at cool place at an optimal temperature i.e. 15-30 degrees where humidity and light cannot reach. It should be kept at clean and dry place. The drug should be kept at a place where children and pets do not reach.
How To Take The Dosing Of The Drug?
Levitra should be taken at a dose of 20 mg, orally, as needed approximately 30 minutes before sexual activity. It works only if you are sexually aroused.
Normal dosing frequency for Levitra is once per day.
What If A Dose Is Missed?
It is not a subject of worry in case you missed a dose of Levitra as it is not a daily basis drug. Levitra is taken only when you required it. In case you forget to take the drug and get involved in the intimacy doings then have it at once after getting remember. It is to be taken only when needed to have the hard erection for longer duration of time.
Excessive Intake Of Levitra
The overdosing of any drug can be harmful for health as large amount of the drug enter in the blood. With the overdosing of the Levitra the man is supposed to get the erection which can be painful and last for more than 4 to 5 years and need a medical assistance.
Probable Unwanted Effects
- Cenforce shows some unwanted effects after consumption of the drug or after some while
- Nasal congestion
- Muscular aches and pains
- Facial flushing
Less common side effects of Levitra may include:
- Visual disturbance
- Changes in blood pressure
- Shortness of breath
- Abdominal pain
- Do not use this medicine if you are suffering from the heart problems such as heart attack, or irregular heartbeat, chest pain/angina and heart failure.
- Avoid the use of this drug if you have liver or kidney related disease.
- Do not use this medicine if you are having high or low blood pressure.
- Avoid using Levitra if you are having a history of painful or prolonged erection.
- This medicine may cause the condition that affects the heart rhythm (QT prolongation).
- Avoid using Levitra if you have conditions such as severe sweating, diarrhea or vomiting.