Generic Vardenafil is the active component of Levitra which acts by obstructing the effect of phosphodiesterase type 5 enzymes. These enzymes are accountable for the interruption of cGMP release which prevents the blood flow to the male organ. Nitric oxide is released in the erectile tissue of the penis during the sexual stimulation, which is responsible for the activation of an enzyme guanylate cyclase. This enzyme increases the level of cGMP, which relaxes the blood vessels in the penis and allows blood flow to the penis. Vardenafil tablets are also effective at low doses. Vardenafil works only in sexually aroused condition.
What Is The Use Of Levitra?
It is used in the treatment of-
- erectile dysfunction in men
- impotence in men
What Are The Probable Drug Interactions?
Drug interactions are demarcated as a practice in which one drug prevails to show more the effect over another drug when administered simultaneously.
- Nitrates, such as nitroglycerin, isosorbide
- butyl nitrite
- Doxazosin, tamsulosin
- clarithromycin, erythromycin
- HIV protease inhibitors such as indinavir, ritonavir
- Boceprevir, telaprevir
- itraconazole, ketoconazole
What are Contraindications?
Contraindication is a conditions in which drug is demonstrated to be harmful to the patient.
- If you are allergic to Vardenafil or any other inactive constituent of this drug.
- Its use is contraindicated in females and children below 12 years of age.
Store the drug as per the instructions mentioned on the label of the drug. The drug is to be stored at cool place at an optimal temperature i.e. 15-30 degrees where humidity and light cannot reach. It should be kept at clean and dry place. The drug should be kept at a place where children and pets do not reach.
How To Take The Dosing Of The Drug?
The starting dose of is 20 mg. It is ingested orally, as per need. Take it almost 30 minutes before sexual activity. Normal dosing regimen for Levitra is one in a day.
What If A Dose Is Missed?
It is not a subject of worry in case you missed a dose of Levitra as it is not a daily basis drug. Levitra is taken only when you required it. In case you forget to take the drug and get involved in the intimacy doings then have it at once after getting remember. It is to be taken only when needed to have the hard erection for longer duration of time.
Excessive Intake Of Levitra
The overdosing of any drug can be harmful for health as large amount of the drug enter in the blood. With the overdosing of the Levitra the man is supposed to get the erection which can be painful and last for more than 4 to 5 years and need a medical assistance.
Probable Unwanted Effects
Levitra shows some unwanted effects after consumption of the drug or after some while
- Nasal blockage
- Muscular aches
- Facial flushing
- Do not use this medicine if you are suffering from the heart problems such as heart attack, or irregular heartbeat, chest pain/angina and heart failure.
- Avoid the use of this drug if you have liver or kidney related disease or high or low blood pressure.
- If you are having a history of painful or prolonged erection.
- In case of condition that affects the heart rhythm.
- Avoid using Levitra if you have conditions such as severe sweating, diarrhea or vomiting.