Flovent nasal spray contains Fluticasone as an important component, which is used to preventing the attacks of asthma. It is also used for the treatment of nasal allergy symptoms such as nasal congestion, sneezing, itching, and runny nose.
How does Flovent nasal spray functions?
Flovent spray is a corticosteroid, so it shows its therapeutic action by decreasing the inflammatory reactions in the nose due to the affect of allergens and irritants present in the air.
What are the circumstances in which Flovent should not be consumed?
- If you are suffering from liver and kidney disease, then you should avoid use of this nasal spray.
- Avoid use of this nasal spray in case of low bone mineral density.
- A person possessing weak immune system should not use this nasal spray.
- If you are undergoing through tuberculosis, glaucoma or herpes infection in eyes, then you should avoid use of this nasal spray.
What other drugs will affect Flovent?
- Antibiotic like Clarithromycin, Erythromycin, Telithromycin
- Anti HIV medications such as Atazanavir, Delavirdine, Fosamprenavir
- Antifungal medications like Itraconazole, Ketoconazole, Voriconazole
- Steroid medicines such as Dexamethasone, Prednisone
How do I store Flovent?
This nasal spray should be stored at a room temperature of 25 to 300C. It should be kept in a cool and dry place away from direct heat, sunlight and moisture.
How to use Flovent nasal spray?
- Firstly you should shake the bottle of the nasal spray after that remove the cap of the nasal spray. Before using the spray you should spray few times in air.
- Now close one of your nostrils, tilt your head backwards and insert the tip of the spray into your nostril.
- While spraying the medicine inside the nose you should breathe in and after that remove the nozzle from the nostril and breathe out.
- Repeat same steps for the other nostril.
What to do if I miss of dose of this spray?
If you miss a dose of this medicine, then spray it as soon as you remember. Avoid spraying two doses at the same time.
What to do if overdose of Flovent nasal spray is taken?
Overdose of this medicine leads to various overdose symptoms such as thinning skin, easy bruising, deposition of fat especially in your face, neck, back, and waist), increased acne, menstrual problems or decreased Libido. In case of overdose of Flovent nasal spray consult your doctor and get medical help.
What are the undesired effects of Flovent nasal spray?
Cold symptoms such as stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat, sinus pain, low fever, cough, wheezing, chest tightness, hoarseness or deepened voice, white patches or sores inside your mouth or on your lips, headache, nausea, vomiting and upset stomach.
What are some important points that should be kept in mind while using Flovent nasal spray?
- You should keep a distance from people suffering from chicken pox and measles.
- Pregnant females and breast feeding mothers should use this spray with extreme caution.
- Pediatric and geriatric patients should consume this medicine with extreme caution.