Generic Ibuprofen 200mg is available as a foremost dynamic component present in Advil. Ibuprofen is a NSAID’s (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug). Ibuprofen works as a painkiller by affecting all the chemicals known as prostaglandin chemicals in the body. Prostaglandins are very harmful; it is released from the cerebral brain and induces the pain, inflammation and fever. Ibuprofen is an effective painkiller for all kinds of pain and it is easily available as over the counter without any doctor’s prescription. Ibuprofen is available in various dosage forms like cream, gel, capsule, tablets and liquid form.
Therapeutic uses of Advil 200mg
Advil is used to manage the symptoms of
- Moderate to severe pain like toothache, migraine headache and menstrual pain
- Control fever known as Pyrexia
- Ease like bone disorder condition osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Trim down the pain and inflammation caused due to sport injury and physical damage
- Dysmenorrhea (menstrual pain)
Drugs Interact with Advil 200mg
Certain drugs may interact with Advilp>
- Anti-ulcer medications such as Omeprazole, Ranitidine, Pantoprazole and Cimetidine
- Opioid drugs like Codeine, morphine
- Ketoprofen, Naproxen and any other NSAID’s medications
- Azithromycin, Clarithromycin and erythromycin
- Aspirin and Paracetamol
- Rifampin and Isoniazid
- Narcotic drugs
- Benzodiazepines and sedative drug
Contraindications of Advil 200mg
Don’t get Advil, if you are suffering from
- Hypersensitivity towards generic Ibuprofen
- In case of stomach and intestinal ulcers
- If you have kidney and liver injury
- If you have high blood pressure, high cholesterol level, diabetes and a history of heart attack
- In case of connective tissue damage like Marfan syndrome, Sjogren and Lupus
Storage Environment of Advil 200mg
- Store the medicine at room temperature 300 C and away from the moisture, heat and sunlight.
- Keep this medicine away from the reach of children.
Prescribing Information of Advil 200mg
Advil tablet should be taken via the oral route and with a sufficient amount of water. It should be always taken with food or milk, to avoid the risk of stomach upset. Don’t get the excess amount of ibuprofen as it may cause severe health problems.
- Dose for menstrual pain- You should take 200mg to 400mg Ibuprofen by the mouth after every 4to6 hours.
- Dose for rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis- You can easily initiate this therapy with 400mg to 800mg of ibuprofen as orally after every 4to6 hours.
- Dose for pediatric patients- The recommended dose of Ibuprofen for children is 40mg/ kg, the dose of ibuprofen is totally depend on the weight of the children.
If you miss a dose of Advil
Ibuprofen is taken when you are suffering from pain, so don’t follow any dosing schedule.
Don’t get twofold o Advil at one time.
If you get an overdose of Advil
Overdose symptoms of Advil may include hives, nausea, stomach pain, black or bloody stool, difficulty in proper respiration and fainting.
If you face any indication related to overdose of Advil, immediately consult your medical doctor and get some medical treatment from your nearest hospital.
Undesirable Effects of Advil 200mg
Common seen side effects of Advil are Stomachache, feeling of drowsiness, skin rashes, nausea, constipation, dyspepsia, loss of appetite and headache.
Severe undesirable effects of Advil are liver failure, inflammation of the liver, urinary tract infection, anemia (low blood cell count), stroke, kidney damage and hypertension.
Special Precautions for Advil 200mg
- Avoid the intake of grapefruit along with Advil.
- Advil is strictly inadvisable in case of pregnant and breastfeeding mothers.
- Ingestion of alcohol is not to be suggested along with ibuprofen as it may increase the risk of stomach bleeding.
- Do not give Advil to babies below the age of 2 years.
- Avoid the consumption of Aspirin and its branded medicines.
- After the use of Advil, driving is very dangerous.