Brief description of Adaferin Gel 0.1%
Adaferin Gel 0.1% is an effective topical formulation, which is mainly used for the treatment of moderate to severe acne or pimples. Acne or pimples may form a bump on the skin, induce irritation, inflammation and it mainly occurred to the production of excess sebum or oil from the sebaceous glands.
How Adaferin Gel 0.01% works in treating acne?
Generic Adapalene is a main active component of Adaferin gel, belongs to the class of medications known as topical Retinoids. The main mechanism of action of generic Adapalene is to stop the growth of bacteria that may lead acne or pimples. Generic Adapalene reduces the swelling and inflammation of acne or pimples and encourages quick healing of pimples.
Therapeutic uses of Adaferin Gel 0.1%
Adfarein gel is applied to the skin for the treatment of-
- Severe acne on face, chest, neck, shoulder and forehead
- Blackheads, whiteheads
- Ageing spots
- Fine lines
Method of application of Adaferin Gel 0.1%
- Wash your face and hands to avoid the infection with a mild soap or plenty of water.
- Dry your face and hands with a soft and clean towel.
- Take a pea size of gel on your fingertips and apply it to the affected area of skin.
- Uniformly spread the whole gel on the affected area.
- Wash your hands after applying this gel.
- You can use Adaferin gel on the regular basis or as per approved by the dermatologist.
Contraindications of Adaferin Gel 0.1%
- If you are hypersensitive to generic Adapalene gel
- If you have any type of bacterial or fungal skin infections
- In case of certain skin disorders like eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis
Drug interactions of Adaferin Gel 0.1%
- Alcohol, Resorcinol, and Benzoyl peroxide containing cosmetic products
- Herbal preparation
- Over the counter creams, lotion and gels
- Menthol or lime containing products
- Sulphur containing products
Storage conditions of Adaferin Gel 0.1%
- You should properly store Adaferin gel from the vision and reach of children.
- Keep this gel away from direct sunlight, heat, and moisture.
Undesirable effects of Adaferin Gel 0.1%
While applying Adaferin gel you may face various negative effects like mild burning, skin irritation, scaling, itching, dryness, skin discomfort, and skin redness.
Precautionary measures of Adaferin Gel 0.1%
- Adaferin gel is only meant for topical use.
- Avoid depilatories; wax and hair removal creams while using Adaferin gel.
- Never use any skin fairness cream on your face.
- Avoid using stringent and alcohol containing cosmetic products on your face.
- Do not apply Adaferin gel near nose, mouth and lips.
- Avoid prolong contact with sun as it may results in suntan. So, apply a sunscreen cream or lotion when going outside.
- Breastfeeding and lactating mothers should avoid the application of Adaferin gel.